Baptisms and Darren's Testimony



Yesterday on Easter Sunday Darren and Alan got baptised and Vanessa, Sarah and Rebecca Teo confirmed their faith in Christ Jesus our Lord and saviour. Yay! Praise the Lord!!
It was great to see these five youths publicly declare their faith in front of the church.

On Sunday Darren shared his testimony with the congregation and here it is for those of you who couldn't make it or just for those of you who could and would like to see it again:

"There are so many things that I can recall about how God has been at work in my life.

When I was 9 years old I was in and out for hospital for the better part of a year with aplastic anemia (where the bone marrow doesn't produce sufficient blood cells). At its worst, I spent a couple of weeks in intensive care and facing the prospect of death. And yet, by the grace of God, I started to recover quite quickly after that time in intensive care and within a year I was physically healthy again.

I thank God for his amazing grace! Had I died then, without knowing Jesus Christ as my Saviour, I would be experiencing eternal separation from God. But God, in his amazing love and grace saved a wretch like me. And now, in committing my life over to Christ I can look forward with certainty to an eternity with God!

Indeed, my old life is over, a new one has begun that is centred on Christ. I pray that He continues to transform me to pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace. Christ and Christ alone offers the spiritual healing that we all need. I pray that I can be a witness for Him so that others may know the love and glory of God.

My struggle with sin is not over but now I have hope in the strength of God through Jesus Christ. Being a branch of the vine I pray that I can flourish together in fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you God and everyone at SCUC for persisting so that I might come to know of God and glorify Him in all that I do." - Darren Hindle

Sun Rise

Let us as a youth group remember that it isn't just on the day of baptism or confirmation that we all turn up to show our support. Let us remember always to encourage each other, keep each other accountable and support each other in our walks with God.

0 comments:

Post a Comment