Bec's Testimony

"Being born into a Christian family made me think that I was automatically a Christian. I enjoyed going to church and occasionally listened to what was being said at the pulpit or in Sunday school. So I then started praying everyday thinking that was all there was to being a Christian. However in high school, so many things outside of church influenced me and there was a lot of drama at home and at school. I slowly began to let my relationship with Jesus slide away and sort of pushed it to the back of everything else. My priorities were definitely not in order and I did not put God first. I believed I was the most important and God should just be there to look after me.

I have always believed that Christ died for our sins but somehow I just didn’t care. I could never really grasp that ‘Whilst we were still sinners, Christ died for us.’ You’d think that verse from Romans would be enough to convince me after hearing it repeatedly in church, but I was too selfish, enjoying life the way I thought it should be. My selfishness and love of worldly pleasures caused me to be apart from the Lord Jesus Christ. Although I went to church weekly, looking back now, I may have been AT church but I don’t think I was really ‘there’, meaning I just went because I had to, not because I wanted to.

However, by God’s grace, it is this year that I finally want to seek God first and have a real relationship with Him. I’ve noticed a change in my priorities and my desires in worldly things have slowly started to fade away. I remember in my childhood God allowed me to make a promise that no matter what I’ll always believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and rose from the dead so that we can have eternal life. Even though I have had many doubts about my faith, I praise God that He always brought me back to Him.

Throughout my life I have seen many good things happen which I praise God for. But I’ve also seen many bad things although now I finally see that Jesus teaches us to rejoice in our suffering. I am so thankful that He has led me up to this point in my life, to take this step of confirmation and to have a true relationship with Christ.

Although I know I will continue to fail over and over, I truly believe He will guide me through my life according to His will. I pray that He will give me wisdom and courage to proclaim the gospel of Christ so that all glory and honour shall be unto Him. To sum it all up, Jesus’ love and sovereignty is what has gotten me here today. He is my Saviour and King and so I can say without regret that His love [is] so amazing, so divine and it demands my soul, my life, my all."

Rebecca Teo

0 comments:

Post a Comment